The world has changed and we all know that. The appearance of the COVID 19 virus, lethal in many cases, and turned into a pandemic due to its extension and virulence, has immersed us in another new reality, and has forced us to have to adopt certain extra prevention measures.
Regardless of the different emergency policies that do not affect all countries equally, the self-protection measures we take now have little to do with our way of life until less than 3 months ago.
Environmental pollution levels have dropped to parameters never seen in the last 15 years, but if we neglect this aspect, we will soon recover much of those harmful levels.
Among many other peculiarities, the restrictions on moving around using the vehicle with a single occupant have put on the table the advantages of using the motorcycle.
The motorcycle can help us to have more sustainable mobility, optimizing times and space occupation, and therefore, benefiting our environment.
If you are now a motorcycle or moped user, remember these socio-sanitary prevention measures that you must take into account.
- Keep your distance from other road occupants when you are stopped at a traffic light.
- Optionally, you can use a mask with the helmet, but above all, the helmet should not be shared.
- Always wear protective gloves, but remember that they are not a substitute for sanitary gloves elsewhere.
- Clean the controls and other surfaces of your motorcycle susceptible to contact sources.
- Drive with caution. Now more than ever, you should not contribute to saturating health systems. Have a head when taking the bike.
These are some of the preventive measures that you should take into account, as Anesdor reminds us, but there are others, many more, that your common sense must recognize.
We only hope that this anomalous situation passes quickly and we can return to the road as before, but with more judgment and good sense.