It was 13 days of exciting competition, divided into 12 stages and one of rest. A very varied route within the geography that the desert can offer and with great details by the organization. In this blog, we explained the previous one of this raid. You can remember it by reading it here.
An example of the improvements that were implemented and all the drivers thanked was the roadbook that was already colored this year by the organization, indicating the most complex and dangerous points and, on the other hand, the stages where the roadbook was delivered that same morning minutes before starting. These two details were intended to match the possibilities for everyone.
As regards the competition itself, this was the final classification:
- Ricky Brabec MONSTER ENERGY HONDA TEAM 2020
- Pablo Quintanilla ROCKSTAR ENERGY HUSQVARNA FACTORY RACING
- Toby Price RED BULL KTM FACTORY TEAM
- Carlos Sainz y Lucas Cruz BAHRAIN JCW X-RAID TEAM
- Nasser AL-ATTIYAH y Matthieu Baumel TOYOTA GAZOO RACING
- Stèphane Peterhansel y Paulo Fiuza BAHRAIN JCW X-RAID TEAM
- Ignacio Casale CASALE RACING
- Andrey Karginov, Andrey Mokeev y Igor Leonov KAMAZ – MASTER
- Casey Currie y Sean Berriman MONSTER ENERGY CAN-AM
We always comment that the adventure of a Dakar is measured by the effort of motorcycle riders. They open track on most of the routes and are the most exposed to weather and physical wear. In this edition, we regret the loss of Paulo Gonçalvez, official pilot of the HERO MOTOSPORTS TEAM RALLY who suffered a terrible accident in stage 7 of this hard raid.
From here, we show our appreciation to this great athlete and person.